SUMMER DANCE AT YDA
Come Dance With Us
Our summer program is eight weeks long beginning Monday, June 8th and concluding Thursday, July 30th, 2020. All summer classes range from 1/2 hour to 1 1/2 hours in length. All summer classes will be booked using the MINDBODY app. Download the app from the Google Play or Apple store and search “Young Dance Academy.”
You are able to purchase classes and/or packages directly via the app. Pricing options are listed below:
IMPORTANT: You MUST purchase a package PRIOR to booking classes to receive the discounted rate!
Mini Dance Camps
Single Class = $15
2 Classes = $25
8 Classes = $85
16 Classes = $150
Weekly Summer Classes
Single Class = $25
5 Class Pack = $110
10 Class Pack = $180
Unlimited Class Pack = $500
Adult Pop Ups
Single Pop Up Class = $15
5 Pop Up Class Pack = $50
You are able to book each class in advance by viewing our schedule on the MINDBODY app. Each class is available to book no sooner than 7 days prior to the class date and start time. (Mini Dance Camps are available to book for the entire summer.) At this time, we will be limiting each class to 10 participants and 1-2 instructors. If the class you wish to book is full, you will have the opportunity to join the waitlist. You will be notified at least 3 hours prior to the class start time if you have been invited into the class due to a cancellation. (If there is a late cancellation, you may be given less notice.)
Cancellation Policy: Sometimes life happens and you can’t make it to class, we get it. You’re always able to cancel a class up to 3 hours before the class with no charge, and the credits you used to book the class will be automatically returned to your account. If you miss a reservation without canceling, you will be charged a $25 fee, and the credit will be automatically returned to your account. If you cancel a reservation within 3 hours of the class start time, you will be charged a reduced late-cancellation fee ($15) and the credit will be automatically returned to your account.
CHECK OUT OUR SUMMER CLASS SCHEDULE HERE!
Click below for our Safety Protocol and Procedures:
YDA Safety/Hygiene Protocol
YDA’s Safety/Hygiene Protocol
Please see our guidelines and safety measures outlined below:
- It is important you watch the brief video below as it explains the steps that were taken to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our dancers, staff and Young Dance families.
- Click here to view video.
- At this time, all classes will be limited to 10 dancers and between 1-4 YDA staff members.
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the studio and frequent hand-washing will be encouraged.
- All staff will perform a thorough hand washing at the start and end of every class and use hand sanitizer during the class as appropriate.
- Instructors will eliminate hand holding and hugging from our classroom routine. “Air hugs and high fives” will become our new norm for now.
- Masks will not be required, leaving it to the personal discretion of the instructor.
- Instructors will monitor social distancing throughout the duration of each class.
STUDENTS AND PARENTS
- We will rely on parents to check the temperature of their child at home before leaving for the studio. Of course, if your child has any signs of sickness, please keep them at home for a minimum of 72 hours.
- Masks will not be required, but students are welcome to wear one if they so choose.
- Our locker rooms will be closed at this time. Dancers should bring minimal and condensed items to the studio for their classes. All dancers will be leaving their personal items in the hallways. Please have your dancer dressed and ready for class when they come into the studio as we will not allow them to change in the restrooms.
- Dancers should come to the studio will a full water bottle, as our drinking fountain will not be available for use.
- Check In Procedure: Dancers should walk to the front desk (maintaining social distancing) and check into their class(es) for the day/evening. Once they are checked in by our front desk staff, they may proceed to their assigned classroom. All room assignments are notated in the MINDBODY app and will also be posted in the studio lobby. Parents will not be allowed to wait for their dancer in our facility. Parents of dancers ages 7 and under may walk into the lobby to check their dancer into a class. Parents walking into our facility are encouraged to wear masks.
- Check Out Procedure: Parents of dancers ages 7 and under may walk into the studio 5 minutes prior to the end of their dancer’s class and remain in the lobby (while maintaining social distancing) until their dancers are brought to them. All other parents must meet their dancer outside our front door or in the parking lot in their cars. Please be reminded of our parking lot safety rules and avoid blocking traffic in and out of our studio parking lot. Please do not stop your vehicle at our front door to let your dancer out of your car.
Super Kids Progressive Dance Program
Dancers enrolled in our Super Kids program learn basic jazz and ballet skills and participate in our June recitals! Our Super Kids Progressive Dance Program made its debut at Young Dance Academy, Inc. in 2012 lead by Occupational Therapist, Laura Eichel. Please call us to set up an appointment with Laura for a consultation and class placement. Classes began in September on Saturday mornings. Class Fees: $10.00 per class. Costume fee to be determined at a later date. Recital participation is not required.
Meet Laura Eichel
Laura is an Occupational Therapist who received her degree through Mount Mary College. She has been practicing as a school based Occupational Therapist for 24 years specializing in sensory integration therapy. Having danced recreationally for many years, her love of dance and children have brought her to teaching a specialty dance class for children with special needs here at Young Dance.
- Boogie 80% 80%
- Groove 30% 30%
- shake 40% 40%
Young Dance Academy, Inc.
181 W Marquette Ave
Oak Creek, WI 53154
Monday: 4:30 - 9:30pm
Tuesday: 4:30 - 9:30pm
Wednesday: 4:30 - 9:30pm
Thursday: 4:30 - 9:30pm
Friday: 4:30 - 8:00pm
Saturday: 9:00 - 3:00pm